Sometimes it’s nice to get away, no matter how many sunburns or mosquito bites you may obtain.
Hey there! Happy July!
So it is no secret I adore listening to music, especially during my free summer months. Without giving you my playlist of fifty two songs I suggest you may like, I thought I would just pick a top few to feature! If you’re in the same boat as me, give these songs a listen!
So, a while ago I saw two pictures…
and this sort of happened…
To give you a low-down of what I did, basically it was really simple and easy to do. I transformed my closet door to an inspiration chalkboard for about $15. I went to Michael’s, and purchased plain black chalkboard paint, which you can find here. And then, I got paintbrushes and chalk! You can probably guess what happened next. I painted it and then wrote on it! (Well, this is after you know, paying, and then driving home, and then walking in the door, and then getting to my room, and then yeah..). So, I painted three coats on the originally white door, and it’s perfectly opaque. When I started writing on it with the chalk, I did come across an issue, which is a bit of a downfall to this project. The chalk is so hard on the board that it occasionally scratches the paint off, and reveals the white beneath the black. That kind of sucks, but I guess it’s a pretty easy fix. Aside from that, it is great! I am hoping to change out some of the quotes sometime soon, and I’ve even seen this picture that I might try out…
…which is the lyrics to one of my favourite songs, Drops of Jupiter by Train. There really are so many options that you could do with this, so it’s a great summer project! Here are a couple more pictures of my own door.
You may be able to see that the purple Y from ‘you’ is slightly smudged, which I guess is another downfall, but, it happens!
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed seeing this little project I did a while ago, and PLEASE let me know if you try anything else like it! Talk soon!
Happy sunday! It’s a beautiful march day today, and in spite of that, I’ve painted my nails a very spring-y colour. It is very strange doing this because I’ve been so used to the dark colours for winter, but I’ve dusted off my spring/summer polishes, and they’re ready for the next few months! Yipee! I’m ready for a change.
Absolutely Shore was from one of Essie’s summer collections I believe in 2011, called “Brazilliant”. I love mint in general, especially in nail polish form, so I picked it up and I love it! I’m not sure if it’s still available, seeing it was from a couple years ago, but I thought I would snap a picture of it anyways, because it is a beautiful colour. I’m thinking about starting up my OOTDs and NOTDs again since the new season is approaching, and I’ve been getting some of my older clothes out.
Butter LONDON’s ‘Bossy Boots’ seems similar to this colour, being a very bright, light green-based mint. Absolutely Shore looks a white from a far, but up close it is a almost beige-y green. I guess they’re calling it ‘pistachio’.
I used three coats without a top coat.
What’s your favourite colour to wear for spring? Have a great week!
Hey guys! So currently I am at a cottage (when you a reading this), but actually I am at home, pre-writing some posts at midnight…yeah. So right now I have the Summer TAG! for you all! Since I am on holidays, I thought this would be appropriate to have for you guys (:
1.Hot or cold? Cold around Christmas time, hot in the summer! We have had a super dry summer so far, and it’s been in the mid twenties up to early forties every day.
2. Beach or pool? That one’s hard. Probably the beach. Even though there are no beaches around me, I just mean like lake.
3. What is your favourite summer activity? I don’t really know! Sports wise, I love swimming and badminton.
4. What is your ideal summer outfit? A tank top, shorts, and flip flops. Very easy! I always get so excited for summer because you can wear really nice outfits, but I always just end up wearing very minimal things because I am lazy, and it’s so hot out. I also really like rompers and dresses.
5. Shorts or skirts? Shorts. I’m not really comfortable wearing a skirt unless I’m on vacation.
6. What’s a must have item this summer? Flip flops! There are so many must haves, but I have to have my flip flops.
7. Are you going to camp? Nope.
8. Are you going on vacation? Yes, I am at my cottage right now.
9. Are you a sunglasses person? I have prescriptions, and I never update my sunglasses and the person that I go to WOULD NOT LET ME BUY THE ONES I WANTED. So I don’t like them. Boooooo it makes me so sad. I really want Ray Bans!!
10. Favourite summer food? PEACHES….<;3
11. Favourite summer drink? Chocolate milkshake.
12. Have you ever gone water skiing or tubing? I went tubing and the boat went to fast and I got water all in my face and I was terrified. This happened when I was like seven, and I totally wasn't expecting it, so that's why I was so scared. Since my Uncle passed away, I have never had the opportunity to go tubing again!
13. What's your favourite makeup product in the summer? I have a lot. Probably my Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP.
14. What is your favourite clothing item for Summer? I really like this white tank top that has sort of like a neon aztec print on it. I would really recommend checking out the garage aztec tanks! They are adorable and I love them all!
So that is it for this tag! Leave your answers in a comment below! Thanks for reading! Talk to you guys soon! Bye!
Hey guys! So for day two of packing and travelling, I am going to talk about some things to do in the car. These also apply to a plane or bus! Anyways, the cottage I’m going to in a week is three and a half hours away, and I am just going to be sharing some tips of stuff that I like to do in long car rides! I have been on a bus for ten hours, and I’ve been on a plane for ten hours, so I consider myself to be a pro-traveller, but really I have been nowhere compared to some people haha.
So the first thing I like to do in the car is take pictures! I think it’s fun taking pictures with your friends or family, and even stuff outside the window. Chances are you’ll see something interesting on a long car trip. Another thing that is always fun to do make lists! LOL you guys know I love to make lists, and I think they are really fun to pass the time. You can make a list of stuff you want to do or see or buy when you are gone, or you could make a bucket list for your next year, or a wishlist, or something like that. I love to write stuff, so it’s really fun for me to make lists. I also can see that most of you that follow me make posts on your blog, so you can always blog too! Another thing that I enjoy doing that I did for my Quebec trip I did a while ago, is make a list of stuff to find on the road. It’s called travel bingo, but really I just make mine a list of stuff that I want to find to pass the time. If you google it you can find things, but I personally think they are sort of dumb, like a tree was on one that I saw, and a stop sign on another…I am just saying you should have better stuff on your list…not like what a three year old enjoys haha. OK, and another thing is like word games or conversation games…on the bus ride to QC my friend and I would do this game where you each said one word and made really stupid sentences. Haha all of ours were like the same and all really strange. To be honest, when you are this bored, you are desperate for any game in the car!!! LOL. Of course you can bring cards or board games. A while back I saw this DIY travel board games, where somebody got a cookie sheet that was magnetic, and then stuck magnets to all of the pieces so that it all stuck to the cookie sheet and it would fall everywhere. If you are going on a really long car trip, this would be a great idea to bring a Monopoly board or something and play a game. Yet another idea is play “guess that song” on the radio, or even just play the “don’t forget the lyrics” game haha. I’m sure you can look up “things to do in the car” on google and find tons of suggestions, but these are just mine! I know that I will be looking at my SBL and seeing if there are any things I can cross off on the way there. It’s also great having and iPad or Kindle, so you can play games and read or whatever. It’s my favourite thing about my iPad, the portability. Anyways, that’s it for my ideas!
Talk to you guys really soon! I will have a PLL post up tomorrow or the next day, along with my regular posts! Thanks for reading! Goodnight! (Depending on where you live haha) Good morning or good afternoon to those whole live far away! Bye!