Hello everyone! I hope you’re having a great day! Today I’m coming to you with a really exciting mini-series….a Christmas mini series! If you can’t tell by the title, I am doing a mini series called “Countdown To Christmas”! It is not going to be every single one of my posts for the next while, but the majority of them! This is where I am going to post every single Christmas-related post for 2012. Today I am going to be doing the winterlicious tag, and if you’d like to do this, I’d love to see your answers in a comment!
27 Days, 5 Hours, 20 Minutes until Christmas
1) Favorite Winter Nail Polish? I have four! Haha, I am planning on doing a whole winter nail polish favourites post, so I am just going to share one! It is Essie’s Forever Yummy. A perfect holiday/fall red!
2) Favorite Winter lip product? My favourite winter lip product is Revlon’s lip butter in Red Velvet. I’m kind of in a red faze right now (I’m not sure if it’s Taylor Swift doing this to me or what…) but I love this colour! I’ve been wearing it with a bit of mascara and it is so nice in the mornings! I seriously save so much time because I am wearing such a bright colour. I feel like this colour isn’t so dramatic, because it really mixes with my natural lip colour and makes it look very natural, and almost like a stain. I think I might pick up a true, bright, T. Swift red for the holidays though, this one is nice, but I’d like to have two types of red!
3) Most worn Winter clothing piece? Big, cozy knit sweaters! I have been loving scarves so much lately, so I just like plain, big sweaters that keep me warm so that I can put a scarf over them. My school hasn’t turned on the heat yet (as far as I know!) and I have only been able to wear a few things in my wardrobe because it is too cold to not wear a thick sweater!
4) Most worn Winter accessory? SCARVES! Haha, if you haven’t noticed, I love them! I also really love the Peter Pan collar that I made! You can see it here!
5) Favorite winter scent/candle? Well, I’ve told you before that I really can’t wear scents, and I don’t really fancy candles, BUT, I do actually have a scent from B&BW that I love! It’s from their holiday collection, and it’s called Twisted Peppermint. My two favourite scents are peppermint, and cinnamon, so this is perfect! I still can’t wear it everyday because of my sinus, but I still like it!
6) Favorite Winter beverage? Hot chocolate! It’s too bad though, because almost every time I drink it, it gives me a headache! Haha, I really don’t know why…is it the heat from it!? I like it the most with a bit of cinnamon in it! I am going to get candy canes the next time we go grocery shopping because I want to see how they are crushed up in it!
7) All time favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? Any of them! But the ones that stick out the most are Fred Claus, and all three Santa Clauses.
8) Favorite Christmas/Holiday song? I really like just the classic ones, but I love All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey!…oh and my all time favourite is probably Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree.
9) Favorite Holiday food/treat? Anything chocolate….as always. I like the peppermint bark that I made last year! I’ve made it three times in total, and actually did a post on it last year..haha! It is a pretty bad post…maybe I’ll remake it this year…! I actually have a batch of it going right now! It tastes JUST like Aero Chocolate Peppermint chocolate bars! Here’s the link to the OLD post.
10) What is your favorite Christmas Decoration this year? I will show you guys all of the decor in my house as Christmas gets closer…so you’ll see it then! But I really love this little section downstairs, and my little tree in my room!
11) What’s at the top of your Christmas list? Well, unfortunately, I know what I’m getting…but I’ll do a whole post on that too! Coming soon….
12) What are your plans for the holidays this year? We are going to my Aunt’s! There’s going to be about ten of us, and we just go in the afternoon on Christmas day. It’ll be just the three of us for Christmas eve, and then Christmas morning we get to open all of the presents under the tree, and then we go to my Aunt’s and I get to open up even more presents! Haha.
Thanks for reading! If you have anything at all you’d like to ask me/say to me, leave it in a comment below!
Are you guys excited!!!?
Hello, hello everyone! It’s that time of the year again…back to school! I thought I would do the back to school tag because I love tags and somehow haven’t managed to do this one yet, so here we go! If you would like to do this, leave it in a comment below or do it on your blog and link it to me! I’d love to check it out!
1. What grade are you going into? Nine! Yes, I am going to be a freshman in high school…yahoo! Haha it’ll be interesting.
2. What are you excited and nervous for this year? Everything! I’m a little nervous because I had some issues with friends (not fighting, just kind of drifting apart) last year and I feel very alone currently, but I am also excited to enter big girl town and actually be taken seriously in the world. Probably my number one most exciting thing is fall fashion and nail polish which is ridiculous. I ADORE fall, so I’m really exciteddddd!
3. What’s your favourite part of getting ready for going back to school? School supplies shopping probably! Everyone loves school shopping…haha
4. What grade were you in when you first started wearing makeup to school? Seven.
6. What are your favourite trends for back to school/ fall this year? I really like just the classic fall trends like wearing a think sweater with a scarf, skinny jeans, and riding boots (ahhh it makes me so happy thinking about it…I’m such a nerd haha). Yeah I really like scarves if you guys can’t tell. I also really like the polka dot trend for fall right now, and I also love wearing plaid shirts.
7. Where do you like to go shopping for your school supplies? Staples usually. Sometimes if I’m at Zellers or Walmart I will pick something up if I forgot, but it’s usually Staples.
8. What are your favourite stores to back to school shopping? I’m assuming this means clothes…Well I don’t really have a ton of money to be buying clothes, but I really like my typical favourite stores like Garage and H&M and stuff.
9. Will you be carrying a purse or backpack to school this year? And which do you prefer? Well this is my first year of being able to carry a bag from class to class if you were wondering…I will be carrying a Longchamp tote I think. I prefer totes.
10. What are three non beauty essentials that you have to carry in your back to school purse? Well like I said, this is my first year of being able to carry around a bag class to class, so I have never had a back to school purse…but I am just going to throw three things out there! Probably my phone, headphones, and gum?
11. What are three beauty essentials that you have to carry in your back to school purse? I am not the type of person to bring makeup with me places after I already put it on in the morning, unless it is a special event I am going to. So I don’t really know…I know like a hair brush and hair tie!
12. What are your go to hair products this year and what is your favourite hair style for back to school? For fall I really like straight, sleek hair, and sometimes in a high pony. I always like curled hair too, but for some reason I think that straight hair looks really good!
13. What are your go to makeup products this year and what is your favourite makeup look for back to school? I really like darker eye makeup, lots of matte shadows, stuff like that. I really like cooler toned shadows too. A couple favourites are MAC’s Satin Taupe and NARS Mekong shadow. And I also love dark lips so much! My favourites are the Revlon Lip Butters in Red Velvet and Sugar Plum. Here’s a picture of me wearing Red Velvet, and just wearing my favourite fall and winter clothes:
14. What are your favourite clothes and accessories for back to school? Scarves! Big sweaters, riding boots, skinnies, plaid shirts, stuff like that. I will be doing lots of OOTDs once I start actually wearing nicer clothes haha.
That’s it! I tag all of you! Talk to you soon! Thanks for reading!
Hey guys! Happy friday! Sorry I missed the last two days of SOFC, I had a massive headache last night, and was busy on Wednesday. Because I missed so many, I am just going to join the rest of the things I wanted to do into one post! I am going to be covering lots and lots of websites and apps, so be prepared! I will be covering: StumbleUpon, CraftGawker & FoodGawker, Tutus and Stilettos, Instagram, PicCal, PicFrame, Bump, PhotoStudio, Lumie, and Picfx. LOL. Lots and lots! I’m just going to get started into it!
StumbleUpon: I have talked about this so many times on here, I have a full review on it here, I have a whole series on it here…haha I don’t really want to spend to much time on this one because if you’ve been following me, you already know what it is!
CraftGawker: I have another review on it here! It’s basically a site similar to Pinterest, except it’s all photos of crafts people have made. I have found countless crafts on there that I’ve posted about!
Tutus & Stilettos: A new favourite! It’s where a ballet dancer named Kristen shares here favourites and diaries of her life. I love her style, and the way that she writes. There’s always tons of pictures and not a ton of writing, which I wish I could do!! Haha! Check her out!
Instagram: Ok, now onto apps. I have been using instagram for about six months now, and it is amazing! I love it because I can search for pictures, sort of like Pinterest for inspiration, and I can see what my favourite youtubers are doing!
Bump: Transfer your pictures on your phone to your computer wirelessly. Amazing free app!
PicCal: Take a picture everyday and make it into a calendar of your pics. I have a full review & demo of it here!
Picture Editing Apps:
PicFrame: Collage your pictures!
PhotoStudio: Add tons and tons and tons of effects onto your pictures!
Lumie: Add light textures onto your pics.
Picfx: I mainly use this one for light textures too.
OK, I think that’t it! Sorry if they were sort of brief, but most of them I have mentioned before in other posts. As I said at the beginning, these are not all of my favourites because some of them I have already covered! I want to get up one or two more posts today so stay tuned!
Wanna know my links!? (including links to all of these accounts!)
Hey guys! Happy Friday! So today I found a few new ways to make your beach things look great! This includes your beach bag, sandals, and hat. Click the links in teal writing for the tutorials/pictures!
The first way is to spray paint your things. Click here!
Another thing you can try is hot glueing rhinestone or sequin strips onto your sandals. Click here to check out a tutorial.
I’m pretty sure Juicy Couture came out with a beach hat with pom poms on it a few years ago… Why not DIY one!? You can put them on your beach bag too!
That’s it for today’s SOFC post, but I am working on another one now, so stay tuned! Once again, please let me know about next week’s theme, and also let me know if you try this! Talk to you very soon!
Hey guys! So for today’s post, I am going to be showing you a few DIY Summer Scrubs. There are quite a few different ones that I’ve been seeing on my Pinterest, so I am going to share!
*All links and tutorials are attached to pictures!
For the summer time, it is important to exfoliate your skin to keep it looking healthy! It’s also nice because in the summer legs build up with dirt and sweat (ick), and you really get it all off with these scrubs. All three scrubs are very summer-y! Keep in mind that while you’re at the beach you can easily make your own little make-shift scrub by just using the water and sand! It can be a little harsh (so be careful, add more water than sand), but it is a natural scrub that is free to do, and super simple and easy!
What would you guys like to see for next week? Talk to you soon!