So, my friends and I were a little…excited.
I hope you all are having a great holiday and I will talk to you soon! Merry Christmas Eve!
So, my friends and I were a little…excited.
I hope you all are having a great holiday and I will talk to you soon! Merry Christmas Eve!
The other day I completed my Christmas nails for the year, and thought I’d share them. I adore this new trend–half moon–and figured it’d be fun to try the style with Christmas colours and glitter.
Essie Forever Yummy//OPI Rainbow Connection
Thanks for reading! I plan to have a new video up tomorrow, as my friends are going to *hopefully* make a guest appearance for a Christmas tag! I’ll have a link up soon. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!
Hello, hello! Merry Christmas! So today I have a post going up, and tomorrow I’ve got a post coming up for you guys, as a little thanks to you and Christmas present I guess! Right now, because it’s late, I’ve just got a tag (well, actually two tags in one!). Here we go!
1. Favorite Christmas Movie? Well I’ve got quite a few, but I am just going to say all three Santa Clauss, and Home Alone 1 &2.
2. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list? I hope the nice list!
3. Show us an embarrassing Christmas Card photo! (WE KNOW YOU HAVE ONE OK) I have actually never taken a Christmas card picture! Is that weird?! In Christmas cards, my mom always just puts my school pictures/recent pictures of me in them. This year I think we have a picture of us in Europe.
4. Have you ever had a White Christmas? Of course! I don’t think we will this year though. I think this will be my first green Christmas. We are supposed to have a white boxing day though :(
5. Where do you usually spend your holiday? Well, we either have Christmas at one of my two Aunts’ houses, or here. This year I am going to one of my Aunt’s houses!
6. Play or Sing your favorite Christmas Song! Well I can’t really play it…but I think my two favourites are All I Want For Christmas is You, and Wonderful Christmas Time.
7. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? I usually open one, but this year I don’t have too many presents (I went for quality over quantity), so I’ve decided I don’t want to open any.
8. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen! And Rudolph, I guess.
9. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year? Well, it’s the 23rd, so the Christmas season is almost over, but I really just like wrapping presents!
10. Is your Christmas tree real or fake? Fake
11. Hands down, what’s your all-time favorite holiday food and holiday sweet treat? Well it’s sort of a tradition that every year we get Turtles chocolates a few days before Christmas, so probably them!
12. Be Honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better? I of course love receiving them, but I LOVE shopping for other peoples’ gifts and giving them out!
13. Show us your tackiest Christmas attire (ex: Ugly Sweater) I honestly don’t have one. This year I planned on making one, but never got around to doing it. I’m sure I will next year!
14. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? I can’t imagine being somewhere else than home! I would love to go to New York the week before Christmas, but never on Christmas.
15. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make? Nope, unfortunately!
16. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably? Haha, well this year I finally found out a little trick on how to wrap them, so I guess this year I’m pretty good at it! I don’t go overboard though, it’s just to get all ripped off anyways!
17. Most memorable Holiday moment? All I can really think of is like Christmas mornings. I don’t have a very good memory, so I don’t remember every Christmas moment, but I remember last year’s…I think! Sorry this is kind of a boring answer, but I don’t really remember! I do remember one year that my parents hid a Hilary Duff pink lamp behind the couch and then pointed it out after presents…haha does that count? I don’t have any brothers or sisters, so it’s not too exciting.
18. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them? I never have because it’s not really big where I live, but I’m going to this year! I am going to make like a Bucket List/Resolutions in one. Would you like to see it when I’m done!?
19. What makes the Holidays special for you? Being with my family! This year my Grandma isn’t coming for Christmas eve so it’s just my parents and I, but on Christmas afternoon I get to see all my family and it’s great!
OK, now onto the second edition:1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute? We don’t have black friday in Canada (really), but I am not a late shopper usually.
2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be? Haha, I’m not too sure! Maybe I’d want to be Ashley Benson in Christmas Cupid because I loved her character, and I love her.
3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Both! I can’t pick one! Usually Christmas Eve though!
4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it? We put them up usually mid November or early December.
5. White lights or colored lights? I used to love coloured lights, but now to be honest I just prefer white! They go with everything and they are classy looking. But, I like the old fashioned coloured lights. Now the modern ones are ugly! They are dark blue, orange, red and green, and I like the pink, orange, medium blue, and green. You’ll see what I’m talking about in tomorrow’s post!
6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise? I don’t think I’ve ever peeked! I totally regret it if I ever have!
7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa’s Workshop? Santa’s workshop, hands down.
8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions! Well, to be honest, we just will watch like a Christmas movie, and I usually open a present. Nothing special!
9. What tops your tree? Usually a star!
10. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas? I have seen so many different versions of how numbers 8-12 are, but I know there’s a partridge in a pear tree, two turtle doves, three french hens, four calling birds, five golden rings, six geese-a-laying, seven swans a swimming, eight maids a milking, nine ladies dancing, ten lourds a leaping, eleven pipers piping, and I totally forgot twelve. Let me check! Oh, lourds a leaping!
11. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling? Nope
12. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left? Yes! Haha ONE DAY!
13. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season? CHOCOLATE!!
14. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you’ve grown older? Well I’m not like old or anything, but I guess I just really try to do everything that you do in the holiday season, like wrapping presents, and just keeping my mind focused on Christmas.
So, that’s it! Thanks for reading! I am really tired now, so I’m going to go! Tomorrow I will have a special little present post for you! Talk to you soon! Merry Christmas Eve Eve & Happy Holidays!
Hey guys! So I found a DIY a long, long time ago, and I don’t think I’ve ever showed you guys! I am planning on doing it sometime, because it looks so good! I thought I would share it with you now, with Christmas coming up, so maybe you could make it for presents! They use hot pink with a t-shirt, but you could of course try it out with different colours, and a long sleeve shirt. Maybe even a sweater?
Thanks to blog.freepeople.com for the awesome tutorial! I know I will be trying it out soon! It seems super simple and easy, and you don’t have to spend a fortune on it. Like I said, it seems like a great holiday gift idea, and I’m sure whoever you give it to will love it, because tee shirts are great gifts when you don’t know what to get somebody!
Talk to you soon! Thanks for reading! Let me know if you try this out…I’d love to hear what colour you used!
PS, I know this isn’t a Countdown To Christmas post, but there’s only 10 days and two hours!!
Hey guys! Sorry I’ve been a little MIA (only for a week…but whatever!!). I have a few things that I wanted to haul for you! My new nail polishes I will show swatched and reviewed as I wear them. It’s sort of a small post, but that’s OK! Especially because this is my second post of the day!
So I will start off with the polishes!
And, to the sunglasses!
So so so so so obsessed! I finally got sunglasses! Now my eyes kill me whenever it’s sunny and I don’t have them on! So I got prescription sunglasses about a week ago, and I adore them! They are of course, by Chanel, and they have little black bows on the side! I believe the style # is 5205. You can of course google image them for better pictures, but I just wanted share! They are pretty large, but that’s super classy in my mind, so I thought, hey, why not have a little more classiness in my life, it can’t hurt.
I have wanted a pair of large sunglasses forever, but since I have prescription glasses, I can’t wear regular non-prescription sunglasses. Long story short, the guy that I got my last pair of sunglasses with WOULD NOT let me buy big ones because “they didn’t fit my face”. Well guess what buddy…I got them and I like em. I even went in there to get them sized around my face and showed them off in his face. He despised them. How pleasant. LOL anyways, I don’t care. I love my sunglasses, and really recommend them!
So yeah, that’s my little post! I just posted ‘My DIY Peter Pan Collars’ if you want to check it out! I will be blogging a lot in the next coming weeks (I hope), so be on the look out! Talk to you guys soon! Have a good one!
Hey guys! So I haven’t been too into nail polish this past summer, and haven’t bought a bottle since the middle of June! Aren’t you proud!? But, fall polishes are my favourite to wear, and I have been starting to get back into looking at polish. I wanted to make a post showing you guys some new collections coming out for fall and winter this year because they are my favourite type of collections! I am so excited!
Just a warning, this is going to be a very long post!! I have a lot to go over!
The first one I am going to talk about is OPI’s James Bond/Skyfall collection! It comes out October 1st, and it seems to be a pretty large collection. They are all dark shades with one glitter polish. I don’t have the polishes to show you, but there are pictures to show you!
They look like gorgeous shades! I am very pleased because most of the colours interest me, unlike some other fall/winter collections that don’t really include colours I care for. The blue on the end will definitely be one that I will snatch up ASAP! I don’t think this is the Christmas collection…right!? I’m not too sure, I can’t find anything online about the Christmas 2012 collection. Now, onto the OPI Germany Collection.
The Germany collection has already launched, and it has some beautiful shades too! I don’t think I like the collection as much as the Skyfall collection, but I do still love it! Of course I do, it’s nail polish. Here’s a pic:
I am saving my money for other things, so I’m not too sure if I am going to pick any up, but I am interested in Every Month is Oktoberfest, and Unforgretably Blue. One of my fav YouTubers did a swatch of Every Month is Oktoberfest on her blog, linked here! It looks like a beautiful colour. Now that I am looking at all of these pictures, it looks to me like the Skyfall collection is going to be for holiday (like the 2011 Muppets), and the Germany collection is going to be for fall (like the 2011 Touring America). I could be totally wrong, but that’s what it sounds like!
OPI will also be releasing a gold leaf top coat along with the Skyfall collection, called “The Man With The Golden Gun”. It claims to be 18k gold, and I’m sure it will be impossible to find once it’s released. This is going to be the polish everyone goes nuts for! Will you be buying it!? Here’s a couple of pics:
OK, onto another favourite brand, Essie.
Goodness, are they ever coming out with like fifty collections in the next couple months. I’m just letting you know that most of the info I am giving you is certain, but some things are not, so I am not guaranteeing to you at all that these will be actual collections! When a brand has so many collections coming out at once it is easy for them to just ‘not happen’, but with pictures and everything, it will probably release…anyways! Like I said before, if I sound a little scattered in this post, it’s because I haven’t kept up with (especially Essie) collections for the past couple of months, but they are my favourite brand so I still wanted to do this post…haha I’m just going to start talking about the collections now…sorry!
The first collection I am going to talk about is like the whole reason for the paragraph above. This collection could be a hoax, it doesn’t seem to be confirmed at all. Personally, it seems a little ‘too good to be true’ to me. The names of the polishes are a little out there, the shades don’t really match the season it is rumoured to come out in, it is partnered with a TV show, and there’s a lot of polishes in this collection for Essie. It’s called The Office Collection. I’ve researched a bit about this collection, and almost every blog post I see about it says the same thing I’m saying, it could be a hoax. It would be great if it wasn’t, because the colours are amazing, but it could be. Anyways, enough talking, here’s a pic!
The top three colours remind me a lot of the OPI Fall/Winter collection polishes, but then most of the polishes on the bottom portion of the picture seem pretty summery to me. I just don’t see a nail polish collection being released for fall with the majority of the colours being bright. Plus, I don’t know if you can tell but the names are pretty daring! Too good to be true? What do you think!?
OK, next collection that is positively real!! ‘Stylenomics’. I’m just going to go right out and say it, it looks a little boring for my taste, but I am sure they are awesome colours. That’s always how it happens! You find a sort of boring collection, find one of the colours to be nice, and fall in love! I’m surprised that this collection isn’t out in like December because every single colour screams holiday to me. Here’s a link to a blog with pictures of the colours! They are looking better on second hand! They seem very flat, but beautiful! Anyways, that’s enough talk for one collection!
The Yogaga collection! Another collection that looks a little boring in the pictures, but beautifully swatches! The second colour (pictured below) is called “Boxer Shorts”, and it is high up on my wishlist right now! I might not end up buying it because it isn’t necessarily a fall shade, and I’m trying to save up my money, but it is gorgeous is swatches! Here’s a link to beautybaby44’s post on it to see a swatch! This collection is in stores now, will you be picking any of them up!?
Onto yet another collection (how many times have I said collection in this post?). Fall and winter would not be complete without metallic nail polish, and Essie seemed to of course make a whole collection on metallics. A silver, blue, purple, gold, and copper! The thing I like most about this collection is that all of the polishes are almost like brushed metal, and I personally think that that looks like you are wearing a more expensive ‘high end’ nail polish compared to a super glittery metallic. This collection is already out! I haven’t heard that much rave about this collection on YT, I wonder why! I think everyone is sort of overwhelmed with nail polish right now because lots of drugstore brands are coming out with great polish, and just so many collections get released this time of year, so it is kind of crazy! If anyone watches CarlyCristman, does this collection not totally remind you of her!?
Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find any info released on winter or holiday collections for Essie…maybe I’ll have to do a separate post on that! Anyways, I have a lot more to cover so let’s get into some China Glaze!
So the first collection I want to cover is their Bohemian collection. It is a collection featuring a whole bunch of metallic holo polishes that have crazy duo chromes in them. These are some very unique colours! Here’s a pic:
*click the picture for swatches!
And another China Glaze collection, which is a lot more traditional for fall.
*click the pic for swatches!
And, lastly, their Holiday Joy collection for Christmas:
*All links have been attached to pictures. These pictures are NOT mine*
That’s it for all of these upcoming collections! If I purchase any of these I will end up doing a NOTD with them! Stay tuned! Will you be picking any of them up? If you do let me know in a comment, I’d love to hear! Thanks for reading.