Hey guys! So about a week ago, I made chocolate chip cookie bars, and today I am going to share the recipe. I’m going against my little ‘OCD’ by putting this in my Christmas series, but I thought it kind of went with the whole theme of Christmas…you know…’santa’? Haha, anyways, I’m still enjoying them now because they are ridiculously sweet and I haven’t burned through them yet. This makes quite a few, so be prepared! These would also be great for like Christmas Eve, or Christmas dessert. Here we go!
You will need:
1 1/2 cups of melted butter
4 cups of flour
2 tsp of baking soda
3/4 tsp of salt
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 (large) bag of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and butter a 11×17 baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars on a medium setting for about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture (step 2).
4. Mix (I’d recommend with just a spoon) in chocolate chips.
5. Spread dough into the baking sheet.
6. Bake rotating the pan halfway through. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Transfer to wire rack, and make sure it’s cool before transferring out of the pan.
There you go! Only a few steps, and they are delicious. They don’t look really “deadly”, but the ingredients in it are! They are super sweet, even for me, and one small piece is all you need in one serving.
These also would be great to make as Christmas gifts!
Talk to you guys soon! Enjoy!
6 Days & 3 Hours Until Christmas!