Yesterday, Karl and I made Chocolate Peppermint Bark for the holidays, and I must say it’s delicious! I am going to be making another batch closer to Christmas to give out as presents, because they are simple and taste really good! I thought I would tell you guys how to make it!
You will need:
1 Bag of regular chocolate chips
1 Bag of white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
3 drops of green food colouring
lasanga pan (or any closed in smaller pan)
a double boiler (or 2 same sized pots)
a butter knife, a teaspoon, and a couple spoons!
1. Take the wax paper, and cut it to fit the closed in pan. Set the stove to a high heat setting.
2. Put some water into one of the pots, and pour the REGULAR chocolate chips into the OTHER bowl.
3. Carefully set the water pot on the stove, and the chocolate chips pot directly over it.
4. Stir the chocolate chips until they are completely melted.
5. Pour the melted chips into the closed in pan. Spread with the spoon until every part of the bottom of the PAN is coated with chocolate evenly.
6. Clean the POT that you just used to hold the chocolate chips, and pour the white chocolate chips into the cleaned pot.
7. Once again, take the pot with the white chocolate chips, and put it over the water like you did before. Stir them as well, until they are melted. Once, melted, add a few drops of the colour, and add the teaspoon of peppermint.
8. Pour the white (now green!) chocolate chips over the regular chocolate chips that were in the pan. Smooth over completely until all of the darker chocolate is covered. Use the butter knife to make swirls as you like.
9. Put in the fridge for about a half hour, or until hardened. Peel off of wax paper, and brake into pieces. Put into a tin, and enjoy!!